The First Visit
Your child’s dental health begins long before the celebration of the first tooth. It starts with the mother’s nutrition during pregnancy combined with the family’s health history. Therefore, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry guidelines recommend establishing a dental home by the first birthday.
At your initial visit we take special interest in you and your child’s medical history. It’s true that some individuals are more cavity prone than others and this trait can be hereditary. Knowing as much as possible from the very beginning allows us to develop a customized prevention plan for your child incorporating dietary habits, nutrition, oral hygiene techniques and the latest prevention methods to ensure optimal oral health for your child.
As children mature, we gradually give them more responsibility for taking care of their oral health. With many years of experience, we are knowledgeable in techniques that motivate children of all ages.
Your child’s first dental visit in our office will include:
- Meeting Dr. Saadia and her staff and becoming oriented with the dental office.
- A thorough oral examination.
- Cleaning of teeth, flossing, scaling (as needed) and office fluoride treatment.
- Obtaining x-ray films for diagnostic purposes (only as needed). We follow the guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and American Dental Association.
- Consulting on-
- home oral hygiene which consists of tooth brushing, tooth paste, flossing and fluoride
- oral habits
- tooth brushing technique for your child
- occlusion (bite)
- behavior management for home oral hygiene
- A diagnosis and treatment plan will be discussed with parent(s).
New Patient Form
For Your Convenience, prior to visiting our office, please click here to print our New Patient Form, complete the information and bring it with you to your first visit.